I saw an article about changing the map of the United States to have only 38 states. It got me to thinking, since school is out and waiting on the “decision”, I would make a few changes to the United States map that make sense, at least in my head.
- Combine the Dakotas and allow 4 senators for 6 yrs. then down to 2.
- Split California into 2 states @ Kern, San Luis Obispo, San Bernardino counties southward.
- Create the state of Columbia/Anacostia/Georgetown/etc. that covers the DC, Prince Georges, Montgomery Counties in Maryland, and independent cities of Arlington and Alexandria, counties of Fairfax, Loudon, and Stafford in Virginia.
- Combine Wyoming and Montana and allow 4 senators for 6 yrs. then down to 2.
- Escambia, Santa Rosa, and Okaloosa Florida counties move to Alabama.
- El Paso and Hudspeth counties Texas move to New Mexico and Mountain Time Zone.
- Lake and Porter counties Indiana move to Illinois.
- Place Alabama and Middle Tennessee in the Eastern Time Zone.
- Separate New York City, Long Island, and Westchester County from the rest of New York for its own state.
- Combine Connecticut and Rhode Island and allow 4 senators for 6 yrs. then down to 2.
When all is said and done, I still have 50 states.